Saturday, October 1, 2011

Well THIS Should Be Interesting....


We have a recent addition to the OV team. Her name is Emily, and she's awesome, except for the fact that she gave me the nickname Surly Giant. Emily didn't want to write her own introduction, so she asked me. There are many things we like about Emily. Her high tolerance for booze. Her love affair with the movie Titanic. Her low tolerance for balloons, just to mention a few things. This week she had the audacity to write a review for a record she likes. So here it goes, I guess...

Appetite - Scattered, Smothered, Covered

This band played in our loft recently and holy shit! they were great! there are like a million people in this band... OK maybe just 5, but at times it sounds like a a million. I expected them to be just like any other danceable indie band but I was proven wrong. They have this huge sound with really catchy melodies and complex arrangements and the musical talent to back it all up. Some of the songs are really fun and poppy and others are more ethereal. Some songs have hints of Built To Spill... Others maybe don't sound like, but remind me of the fun dancey side of Q And Not U.

-e

So there you have it. As far as reviews go, it was pretty good, right? I wasn't expecting such big ideas from such a tiny person, but by golly, she done did it! So don't hold her infatuations or her slight intolerance of certain things against her. Tune in next week for what ever else she may pick. I'm guessing Celine Dion.
.
Appetite "Little While" from TERROREYES.TV on Vimeo.




No comments:

Post a Comment